Eclipse4Edu Grading Scheme
Posted by dennisacosta on 2009/10/30
Team component – 45%
- Each member of the team is working on a piece of what we’ve identified to be the minimum feature set for a streamlined Scheme Perspective in Eclipse.
- 25% for the actual deliverables. Based on how much were we able to implement as a team and the quality of our code/product. Each student will receive the same grade. We will attempt the “5-minute screencast on YouTube” if time permits.
- 20% for team participation. Each student will provide Dwight with comments about the working relationship with other members of the team.
Individual component – 35%
- We feel that it is not how much code we are able to commit, but how much effort we put into the project. We struggled with how we could quantify effort, but after great debate, we decide that a written report chronicling our experiences would be a great way to express this.
- 20% for other deliverables: Based on the quality of our code/feature.
- 15% for the written report: Each student will write a report that will summarize their contributions over the term. Problems encountered and how we tried to solve them.
Participation component – 20%
- How active each student was in the open-source and UCOSP communities. This can be measured quantitatively since each student is logging this information and providing it to Dwight in status updates.
- 10% for Eclipse4Edu activity: Mailing list postings, forum postings, bug comments, bug additions, call-ins, virtual meetings, status updates.
- 10% for UCOSP activity: Blog entries, blog comments, code sprint.