Robocup: Day 1
Posted by ioanaiv on 2009/09/26
The Robocup team had their first in-person meeting yesterday. For the first couple of hours, we played around with some of the clients developed by the students who worked on this project over the summer. Then, we had a meeting with Steve Engles, where we decided on the language an code base we want to use. We decided to go with one of the Python clients, because the Java one was using a lot of third-party code and we felt that we wouldn’t be able to improve on it from the beginning, and the other Python client was too basic.
We spent the rest of the day getting the python client connecting to local and remote Robocup servers and reading through the source code. We also got a repository set up and committed some changes to the configuration file. Today, we’ll make a list of strategies we want to implement and hopefully start working on some of them.