UCOSP

Undergraduate Capstone Open Source Projects

Pony-Build Spring Break Update

Posted by kshakyaz on 2010/03/13

This Monday instead of our regular conference call over Skype, we decided to not to have a conference call. We did not have much to talk about. So we decided to take a break and just send our weekly updates in the mailing list. Here is the part of the email.

Jack:

I’ve still been working on the parser for new build scripts, want to do a bit of cleanup on it tomorrow and then try integrating it into the pony-client script itself in the next few days.  What I’ve been working on so far is all checked in under my pony-client_rework branch:

http://github.com/JackCarlson/pony-build/tree/pony-client_rework

My work is mostly in the added file “clients/testConfigAndBuildParser.py”–those functions form the core of what I’m currently planning on integrating into pony-client.py.  I have two other files added–pony-client.config, which stores default information (such as build servers, etc), and quixote.pb, my test Quixote build script.  quixote.pb is ugly for a reason at the moment, was testing various error conditions, but the gist of it is all there.”

Max:

“What I have been working on…..

Been messing around with the timeout stuff, have to test the code now.
See my subprocess branch for the changes I made to _run_command.

“What I want to work on…..”

This week I am going to go back and work on pip failure again, now that you have gone through and refactored a lot of things.
I am all so eying one of the other issues to work on, or maybe I will look over IDEAS/projectlets and see if anything catches my fancy. Will update list next day or so with what I decide.”

Fatima:

“For the build-mock I have made the changes made on mock.py to fix the magicMethod that was failing for me , but was still getting the same error. I then contacted Micheal Foord who explained that test wasn’t fixed and that he will try to include it in the next release of Mock 0.7.0.
On the other hand , I have created a bickbucket account and forked your Pony-build-test-hg repo to start experimenting with branches.
Using non-default branches is not typical as Augie explained earlier , but wanted to experiment with the named branches.”

Khushboo:

“I have not much to report because I have not been able to do much since I was/am out of state. But I will be online in skype though. This week I have been working on getting my mechanize package to run. But I trying to fetch Titus’s repo but I am getting the denied permission.Also regarding the nose package, I need fetch some branches which I am trying to fix. Thats it so far.”

One Response to “Pony-Build Spring Break Update”

  1. […] https://ucosp.wordpress.com/2010/03/13/pony-build-spring-break-update/ […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: